Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Am I a Newbie or Not?

Well... hello. I am a newbie to the infertility blog world. But, unfortunately, I am not a newbie to the infertility world. I am starting this blog for lots of reasons.

#1) Trying to de-lurk from all the IF blogs I read without commenting. There have been SOOOOO many post I have read that I can totally, absolutely, positively agree/sympathathize/empathize/relate to. Some I have read and said to myself, holy freakin shit, that is ME! And also SOOOOO many of those people I read are now pregnant! I think it might be some sort of great therepy I just haven't tried yet. And as most IFers know, we will try anything if it might mean we are next. (right? or am I crazy... )

#2) I need to stop being to damn secretive. I mean it has been five years of trying, I have been married for 6.5 years, and I am turning 30 this year. I mean people KNOW something is up. But so far I have not been willing to share much with anyone, not even my own mom and I consider us close. But when it comes to IF, I clam up. Well... sometimes I clam up, sometimes certain people (hi hubby!) wish I would probalby just shut the F up. I think I don't talk about it for lots of reasons, all of which I am certain I will discuss here at some point. But I will leave that for later. Gotta have something to write about and I just know that you are all on the edge of your seats axiously waiting. Hee!

#3) I am hoping this will be therapy I don't have to pay for!

#4) Maybe talking about things here, will help me talk about and face things in the "real world" and not just tell things to the internets ;-)

#5) Sharing with others might mean more prayers come my way to help me on this ... uh I guess after 5 years you call it a journey.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Thanks for the comment...I am glad you decided to start your own blog. Dude, we have a lot in common. I have been married 6.5 years and have been trying 6 years..and live in Texas :-) Where in Tx do you live? All of this infertility shit SUCKS!!!! It does help to vent in the blog world!! I will be praying for you in January!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for my very first comment! Woohoo! And really, I am not sure if this is how I should respond back since I am new to this ;-) (hopefully this works) I am in College Station and yes we do have alot in common! IF most certainly S-U-C-K-S! I am praying for you right now though and that you get a BFP at the end of your wait! Lately, it seems that every single blog I started reading got prego so I hope the same for you!

    ReplyDelete