- Happy Valentine's Day!
- I have been at my new job for two weeks now. I love love love what they do and it is very exciting. It is really awesome to hear what they are doing and I actually am able to contribute right away while learning at the same time. But it is stressful, stressful, stressful. And all we do is go into meetings and when am I supposed to actually do the work? I think I put a lot of stress on myself more than anything. I am working directly with some high level people in the organization and I am not used to that. They are very intimidating. And I came from a place that was very in the box if you know I mean? Here it is very outside the box! There is no box, what is a box? I know I can do it but it takes constant cheer leading to myself. I must repeat "you can handle this" about 50 times per day. I would be a heaping ball of tears otherwise. And also - I have to consciously tell myself not to say "I am sorry" over and over. It is a bad habit I have. GAH
- Stress has led to a mega freaking painful knot in my back. I notice I get those anyway, even at my old job, but Friday I got a serious crick in my neck just putting on my coat! Luckily my sister works in the same building as me so I had her come massage my back/neck and that is how we discovered the HUGE hard knot on my shoulder blade. She worked it some, my husband worked it some (he is a wimpy massage giver BTW, and also has a max time of maybe 3 minutes). And it is better, I can turn my head to the left now. But I still feel it plus my lower back has been giving me problems even before that! Like advil every night before bed for 2 weeks. So today I decided to get a massage. Luckily, even though it is Valentine's Day I was able to get in.
- Here is the problem about the massage. My husband does not agree that they are therapeutic or beneficial in ANY. WAY. He is thinks they are just a reason to go to a girly spa and have a fancy smancy expensive spa treatment. They CAN be for that but I have not been able to convince him otherwise even though the ONLY times in the past that I have had one is a)when my cousin had a gift certificate she couldn't use before it expired and invited me to use it and b) when I have had some horrible crick in my neck! It is a reoccurring problem for me. NOT TO MENTION that I know when I go to Colorado they are likely going to recommend that and acupuncture for part of the treatment. How do I convince him? I admit they are expensive and I don't want to spend the money either. BUT if he truly doesn't want to spend it then why can't he at least TRY to help me? This is highly frustrating.
- I probably will have to go to the office after the massage. I really do like the new job and I do NOT want to complain. However, there is alot of adjusting going on here. For example, they are paying for my cell phone which means they can call or email at anytime. And they do, well so far they have only sent emails for now. And I have to get used to that. I know many people have jobs like that and its not like they expect me to drop everything, but it is just different. I need to figure out how to login from home, some things are just not easy to look at on your phone!
- One plus that I love? My own office. With a door. Lots of shelving! And a huge window! It looks out on the parking lot, but HEY I don't care. I no longer live in a cube. Now I just need to find some money to decorate it, it is kinda blah for now... and the shelving is a light light 80's baby blue. Which makes the possible color schemes interesting....
- I am a bit worried, after starting the new job and getting the vibe of the place, about how it will work out to go to Colorado this summer. I don't know if that it is going to be possible. I do know there will be MANY questions about what I am doing. I am not sure how to answer. Do I tell or keep it vague? I truly think they think I am having some sort of plastic surgery, likely liposuction!, but that is obviously not it. Even though I could sure use some of that. I just feel like they will think I am Crazy. And I fear they will be mad that if I do get prego they won't have anyone during maternity leave and just all sorts of things. There is no wonder I have huge knots in my back. I have done this to myself so now I must deal with it.
- It snowed here this past week! Like BIG BIG flurries. Not at all common for these parts although it seems we have had snow at least once the last 3 years. It didn't stick this time which is fine, still nice to see it. I am ready for some warmer weather. I live in Texas after all, what is up with all this cold?
Sunday, February 14, 2010
A few things
Bullet LIST!! aren't you excited? (mostly job related now that I am finished compiling it)